MiMi’s Dripping Sexy Tip: If you have a good eye and a cute figure, you can put together anything that looks good on camera and in print.
“Living in fear is so last season, if you want to be happy and really live your dream you have to take a stand and just put yourself out there. You might fail, yes indeed – but, you might, you just might succeed too! Don’t you want to find out? Either way your life will never be the same… Can you handle it?” ~ Jackson Kiddard
A Few Ways to Live a Dripping Sexy Life
Here are some specific action items to begin right away:
- Remove all the clutter – donate it, recycle it, trash it! Spend an hour in the evening going through the house and do this until you clear out things that are no longer useful or needed. This also applies to people too! If your mind is constantly being filled with negativity or toxic energy, remove this person from your existence. Your spirit will thank you!
- Take time to exercise – you owe yourself at least 30 to 60 minutes a day to decompress. Use this time to meditate and zone out. You will burn calories, have less stress, and a new healthy body in no time.
- Focus on what you eat – it’s not a diet; it’s a lifestyle. It’s not that you can’t eat something, it’s that you don’t want it. Eliminating certain food items from your grocery list will give you the energy needed to make it through each day. Your skin will glow and your hair will shine.
- Find an activity that puts a smile on your face – does dancing make you feel sexy? Enroll in a few classes or join a Meetup group. Do you have a budding artist inside of you? Purchase some canvas or participate in a wine and paint party. Have you tapped into your athletic side? Set a goal for a 5K or 10K. Whatever ignites that passion within you, do it and do it often.
Luxuries are relative and taking the time for self is the most grand thing one can do.
How do you recalibrate? Make your own bucket list and do one thing on it each month. Now also create a road map to get you there. When in doubt, ask for help!
Walk A Mile In These Stilettos To the NPC Phil Heath Classic
This is one of the hardest challenges to date for me because I’ve had an interesting relationship with food. Yes, I eat clean and healthy (most times) and I’ve juiced all my life but I do a lot of this for the sake of vanity. Confession time: my name is MiMi and I am married (translation: OBSESSED) to the scale and size of my clothes. I don’t publicly share this declaration although if you spend any time around me, you’ll be sure to figure it out rather quickly. I’ve never had a moment when I didn’t work out to maintain and I’ve never been overweight so those aren’t challenges for me. The root of this is much deeper and more meaningful – I need to redefine what health and wellness truly mean. Are we really healthy at any size? Just because you can slip into a double zero pair of jeans doesn’t mean that you’re the poster child for healthy living. I have a 13 year old daughter and I certainly don’t want to pass on my OCD and ‘unhealthy’ ways.
I hope you take this journey with me and become inspired along the way. Feel free to offer some tips and please cheer me on as I stroll the catwalk to the NPC Phillip Heath Bikini Competition. Here are my stats as of 11/28/2013:
Status: 3 children
Weight: 110 lbs
Body Fat: 21.5%
Body Mass Index: 20.1
On Thanksgiving Day, while most people were preparing to feast on delectable delights, I met with my personal trainer, David A. Lovelace. When he read my body fat number, I went into a silent shock. I could feel my face immediately drop.
I said to David, “so basically, I’m skinny fat, huh?”
He replied with one word, “Yes.”
I mentally shut down and wanted to cry. He tried to reassure me but I wasn’t hearing it. And then something clicked…I can change this body. I’m not sure what it will look like but a transformation will occur. I’m giving up champagne, forcing myself to consume 4- 6 meals a day, and DOING SQUATS. I’ve always morally opposed squats and lunges because a tiny tush simply looks better in couture (read my blog Couture, Hold the Onions).
I went into research mode…I needed information. Those numbers were messing with my head. Below is a chart to give a better idea of where I am on the scale and what should to be accomplished. Do you see any changes that you’d like to make? I have my work cut out for me and this might get ugly…the road to NPC begins now!! Stay with me…
Take one day at a time and focus on perfecting one after another. Go after each goal with dripping sexy passion.
See yourself as an artist and your body as the canvas. Create in the most dripping sexy of ways!!
Choosing to improve yourself is living dripping sexy. Whether it’s exercising every day, visiting art museums, taking pole dance classes, or learning how to speak French – every step, whether big or small – allows you to stroll the catwalk towards being your fabulous self.
- It’s all about making your life fabulous and being dripping sexy while you do it.
- The way you live your life should be the norm rather than the exception.
- There’s nothing that 5 inch heels, skinny jeans and red lip candy can’t fix.
- A chic style should be reflected in everything that you do.